#21 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 02:05 PM

Controls, in case anyone is interested:

49db44e1780d510b59e6480bd022d7ee.png

Some people have also theorized that the horizontal-scrolling gear menus are indicative of the NX version utilizing those scroll-wheel shoulder buttons that were found among Nintendo's patents. Seems like I solid theory to me.

#22 torgo

torgo

Grand Poobah of Chozo Shriners

• Kraid
  • 3,414 posts
  • Nintendo ID:TorgoKong
  • 3DS Code:3866-8871-2120

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:01 PM

In before Plant notices that the description for the left analog stick looks like, "Crouch (dick)"

#23 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:34 PM

Both Monolith Kyoto and Monolith Tokyo will be contributing to Breath of the Wild. This isn't particularly shocking, as Monolith has assisted on several games, including Skyward Sword (and the Kyoto team exists to assist other Nintendo teams), but what is surprising is just how big the contribution is. Over one hundred staff members across both teams have been enlisted.

#24 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,542 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:41 PM

I don't remember there being a scroll wheel parent... AndI don't like the idea of it for shoulder buttons. >_<

Edited by PBluafnotr4d2, 17 June 2016 - 04:43 PM.

#25 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:25 PM

I don't remember there being a scroll wheel parent... AndI don't like the idea of it for shoulder buttons. >_<

Article on it:

http://venturebeat.c...oulder-buttons/

#26 Sage AtownKED

AtownKED

Level 4

• Sage Sage
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:07 PM

http://gonintendo.co...istakes-fans-of

BotW will have no motion control support.  That means no gyro controls or Wii Remote controls either.

Ugh.  When NX rolls out, I'm going to have to learn how to dual analog again.  It's a shame.  Wii Remote is good for shooters, but even Nintendo is leaving motion controls now after their last batch of Wii U and 3DS games are out.  =/

Woah, wait... No Gyro support at all? That's lame. I thought I read somewhere that the map (in the demo anyway) wasn't displayed on the gamepad screen at all either.

Is there even any point in playing this using the gamepad over the Pro Controller?? I think this points to NX having a fairly standard controller then..

It actually is really disappointing for me. I loved Skyward Sword and the controls were a big part of that for me. Playing through Wind Waker / Twilight Princess HD, it was super convenient to make slight aiming adjustments with the Arrow / Hookshot / Boomerang with the gyro in the controller. It's the main reason why I played through it with the Gamepad over the Pro Controller. The one time I did play with the Pro Controller the aiming felt extremely stiff and imprecise. I definitely would prefer for Nintendo to continue supporting motion controls. I honestly thought they gave up on the Wiimote a little too early, and I think future important technologies like VR would highly benefit from motion controls in general.

#27 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,196 posts
  • Nintendo ID:Ngamer01
  • 3DS Code:4038 6174 8183

Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:35 PM

Motion controls could come back once VR is at a state where it's more polished and ready for primetime, otherwise motion controls are going back to PC only for the shooters that support keyboard and mouse.  Everybody else is going back to a standard controller because gamers hate change.  Motion controls?!  Lame gimmick! 2 screens in glasses-free 3D instead of one HD screen!  The 3D is a lame gimmick!  Gamepad support but no Pro Cointroller support?  The Gamepad is a lame gimmick!

EDIT - I'm aware PS VR has Move support, but remember VR isn't fully-functional yet.

Edited by Ngamer01, 20 June 2016 - 02:36 PM.

#28 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:56 PM

Nintendo's got a small bit of new footage up on Facebook. A fly around of the Temple of Time: https://www.facebook...89827307768388/

#29 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,196 posts
  • Nintendo ID:Ngamer01
  • 3DS Code:4038 6174 8183

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:10 AM

http://gonintendo.co...he-wild-compari

NCL has been doing a comparison between Hyrule of NES The Legend of Zelda and Hyrule of Breath of the Wild.  This unfortunately spoils some Easter eggs for Breath of the Wild.  Viewer discretion is advised.  A GoNintendo commentator has a translation of NCL's feature in the comments below the main article.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users