7 replies to this topic

#1 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:33 PM

http://gonintendo.co...off-game-says-m

“Within the development team, too, there have been talks about how it might be cool to have a game that features Sheik as a protagonist. It’s having maybe a Zelda spin-off with Sheik as a protagonist, for example, I don’t think that’s an impossibility.”

Would a Zelda spin-off featuring Sheik, Princess Zelda's alter-ego, be of interest to anyone?

The interview is here:  http://gamerant.com/...inoff-miyamoto/

#2 torgo

torgo

Grand Poobah of Chozo Shriners

• Kraid
  • 3,414 posts
  • Nintendo ID:TorgoKong
  • 3DS Code:3866-8871-2120

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:58 PM

http://gonintendo.co...off-game-says-m

Would a Zelda spin-off featuring Sheik, Princess Zelda's alter-ego, be of interest to anyone?

The interview is here:  http://gamerant.com/...inoff-miyamoto/

Personally I'd be interested to see what they do with it. I wonder if it would have similar backlash to MP:FF if the next Zelda game actually starred Zelda (in some form or another), rather than Link.

#3 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:16 PM

Hell yeah I would be interested. It doesn't even need to be Sheik. A Sheikah-led Zelda game in general would be pretty cool (I loved SS Impa).

I wonder if it would have similar backlash to MP:FF if the next Zelda game actually starred Zelda (in some form or another), rather than Link.

Only if it had the same bland world design, character design, and gameplay. :P

#4 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,548 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:55 PM

PLEASE DO IT WITH TEAM NINJA COME ON BRING US ZELDA OTHER S

Okay, seriously. This is pretty dumb to me, simply because Sheik only existed during a select time frame of the 7 year span in Ocarina of Time. I'm okay with one game featuring a brand new Sheikah tribe member, but NOT the character that we formally known as Sheik (i.e. NOT transvestite OoT Zelda hiding her identity from Ganondorf). That Sheik is not a real Sheikah, nor has their skills; it's just cosplay, and the Smash moves (and more so the Hyrule Warriors moves) are fabricated for convenience.

So yeah, I'm open to the idea of a game featuring the Sheikah tribe and their challenges, starring a member with a different name, but not Cosplay Wannabe Zelda Sheik.

Edited by PBluafnotr4d2, 16 June 2016 - 02:07 PM.

#5 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

The Villain of Mario Kart

• Flaahgra
  • 2,163 posts
  • Nintendo ID:RobokW
  • 3DS Code:3523-2685-0069

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:28 AM

PLEASE DO IT WITH TEAM NINJA COME ON BRING US ZELDA OTHER S

xD I though of Other M too. LOL no I don't want this. I want the spinoff game called, "Metroid"

#6 torgo

torgo

• Kraid
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:17 AM

Okay, seriously. This is pretty dumb to me, simply because Sheik only existed during a select time frame of the 7 year span in Ocarina of Time.

What if the game looked at that 7 year time span from Zelda/Sheik's point of view? Or more likely, some sub-time span in there. I have no idea what they'd do for a story, but it could have the capacity to be very story-driven. Although with how well Nintendo does story, maybe not. :(

#7 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,548 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 09:12 AM

quotete name="torgo" post="16522640" timestamp="1466176654"]
What if the game looked at that 7 year time span from Zelda/Sheik's point of view? Or more likely, some sub-time span in there. I have no idea what they'd do for a story, but it could have the capacity to be very story-driven. Although with how well Nintendo does story, maybe not. :([/quote]

That wouldn't be bad. I would actually like that, but they'd have to be careful. All I know it's that it wouldn't be an action-packed, ninja-be-quick-as-fuck, kicking-ass-and-taking-names game. I always took it as Zelda laying low in ninja dude garb to hide from Ganon while waiting for the right time to aid Link when he needs to learn some new jams. A game like this doesn't sound any better than an Ann Frank Simulator™. Something like this would be best handled as a DLC side story.

#8 torgo

torgo

• Kraid
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:54 AM

quotete name="torgo" post="16522640" timestamp="1466176654"]
What if the game looked at that 7 year time span from Zelda/Sheik's point of view? Or more likely, some sub-time span in there. I have no idea what they'd do for a story, but it could have the capacity to be very story-driven. Although with how well Nintendo does story, maybe not. :([/quote]

That wouldn't be bad. I would actually like that, but they'd have to be careful. All I know it's that it wouldn't be an action-packed, ninja-be-quick-as-fuck, kicking-ass-and-taking-names game. I always took it as Zelda laying low in ninja dude garb to hide from Ganon while waiting for the right time to aid Link when he needs to learn some new jams. A game like this doesn't sound any better than an Ann Frank Simulator™. Something like this would be best handled as a DLC side story.

You raise good points (even though you lost your ability to quote properly). If they made it a game that was all stealth missions, it would suck, because stealth missions suck. Make sure someone tells them that, so they don't do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users