Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Darksiders and Darksiders II

thq nordic games darksiders darksiders II darksiders 2 multi-platform action hack and slash rpg

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,174 posts
  • Nintendo ID:Ngamer01
  • 3DS Code:4038 6174 8183

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:20 AM

The Darksiders series consists of Darksiders and Darksiders II in which a conflict between man, heaven, and hell has brewed due to safeguards being put in place to keep the peace not working.  In the first game, War must find out what is going on and attempt to bring peace back to man, heaven, and hell.

In the second game, War was arrested for his crimes, but Death sets out to attempt to figure out what happened and to try clearing War's name.  This series became famous due to THQ's bankruptcy when people worried this series would be killed by THQ's collapse before Nordic Games rescued the series.

http://gonintendo.co...iders-for-wii-u

A rumor has popped up with the original Darksiders slated to come to Wii U.  Darksiders II is already out on Wii U.

Edited by Ngamer01, 15 July 2016 - 08:21 AM.

#2 CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

has no sense of humor

• Chozo Chancellor
  • 6,854 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 08:59 AM

Darksiders 1 is my favorite Legend of Zelda game. It's everything about that format, but with tons of gameplay diversity and some awesome characters/inspiration based off of the Biblical Revelations.

It's a game I've been meaning to replay for quite some time.

Darksiders 2 is loads of fun and does some really cool things with loot and RPG layouts. Also a fantastic game.

#3 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,526 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 10:15 AM

Darksiders 1 is my favorite Legend of Zelda game. It's everything about that format, but with tons of gameplay diversity and some awesome characters/inspiration based off of the Biblical Revelations.

It's a game I've been meaning to replay for quite some time.

Darksiders 2 is loads of fun and does some really cool things with loot and RPG layouts. Also a fantastic game.

I thought you liked the second one better... I have 2 for 360, but I haven't played it. Got it in the last couple of months before I bid farewell to my 360-playing days. :P I'd play it, but Achievements are pointless me now; Trophies or GTFO, though I'll take Achievements over NOTHING, as offered on Wii U. What happened to the good old days of playing games just for fun? :(

Edited by PBluafnotr4d2, 16 July 2016 - 05:03 PM.

#4 CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

has no sense of humor

• Chozo Chancellor
  • 6,854 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 02:28 PM

I thought you liked the second one better... I have 2 for 360, but I haven't played it. Got it in the last couple of months before I big farewell to me 360 playing days. :P I'd play it, but Achievements are pointless me now; Trophies it GTFO, though I'll take Achievements over NOTHINGas, offered on Wii U. What ever happened to the good old days of playing games just for fun? :(

Two is a bit less of a Zelda clone. It is, but it's also way bigger in terms of world and does some Borderlands things. The problem is, the last level/boss are super short and you could tell the team was running out of time and money.

Kinda happened to the first game though now that I think about it.

#5 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,174 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 11:35 AM

http://gonintendo.co...aster-for-wii-u

Nordic confirms the first Darksiders is coming to Wii U.  It will be due sometime either right before (late fall) or during Holiday 2016.  The remaster is expected to cost 20 bucks with Miiverse integration.  The remaster will be in both retail and digital formats.

#6 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,174 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:21 AM

http://gonintendo.co...details-screens

The remastered version of Darksiders 1 is called "Warmastered Edition".  It looks like Darksiders 1 isn't getting anything different other than a graphical upgrade with a catch:  1080p 60fps for all platforms except Wii U.  Wii U version will be locked to 1080p 30fps.

#7 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,526 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 09:05 AM

http://gonintendo.co...details-screens

The remastered version of Darksiders 1 is called "Warmastered Edition".  It looks like Darksiders 1 isn't getting anything different other than a graphical upgrade with a catch:  1080p 60fps for all platforms except Wii U.  Wii U version will be locked to 1080p 30fps.

No achievements, shittier framerate, and Nintendo wonders why third party games sell like shit on their platforms. Keep making garbage-ass-powered consoles, and nothing is going to change. You're lucky the Wii U is even getting a port of this at all. I thought this was a Wii U exclusive ring, but now that I see it's a technically improved "H'er-D" remaster, I can't help wondering why the hell they bothered with a Wii U version. I guess they think there's money to make there? Perhaps so, given that there's NOTHING coming out from here till NX launch anymore, except for some bullshit "Paper Mario: Jizzpaint Edition."

#8 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 03:03 PM

To be fair, if it really is *locked* at 30, not capped at 30, that would be impressive as fuck for Wii U.

But yeah, obviously it's still the inferior version next to X1 and PS4.

#9 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,174 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 06:24 AM

http://gonintendo.co...-edition-to-nov

Darksiders 1: Warmastered Edition may be delayed.  Multiple retailers have pushed the release/placeholder day back to November 22nd.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: thq, nordic games, darksiders, darksiders II, darksiders 2, multi-platform, action, hack and slash, rpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users