Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Former XBox Live Network Developer Joins The Pokemon Company

Eric Neustadter industry xbox xbox live pokemon the pokemon company gaming industry news

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,174 posts
  • Nintendo ID:Ngamer01
  • 3DS Code:4038 6174 8183

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:26 AM

http://gonintendo.co...oins-pokemon-co

Eric Neustadter, a former XBox Live Network developer (helped Microsoft build XBox Live), has joined The Pokemon Company.  To what extent Eric will be doing for TPC is unknown at this time (NDAs may prevent this info from being released currently).

#2 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:30 AM

Holy shit, e? What the hell is he doing at TPC? This should be able to interesting. I wish it was Nintendo though. :(

#3 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,524 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 07:10 PM

Holy shit, e? What the hell is he doing at TPC? This should be able to interesting.

I wish it was Nintendo though. :(

Fucking this. I mean, I didn't know he went by "e," and I don't know to what extent his skills contributed to the badassery of gaming networking that is XBL, but... WHY THE HELL NOT NINTENDO?!!?!!! >:(

Edited by PBluafnotr4d2, 30 August 2016 - 07:11 PM.

#4 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 07:23 PM

Fucking this. I mean, I didn't know he went by "e," and I don't know to what extent his skills contributed to the badassery of gaming networking that is XBL, but... WHY THE HELL NOT NINTENDO?!!?!!! >:(

He was Director of Architecture and Operations Manager for XBL since day one. He was quite crucial to its success (well, him and Bungie, who laid a lot of the foundation work for the Xbox 360 incarnation of Xbox Live, via Halo 2). Whatever he's doing (according to his LinkedIn his official position is "VP of Technology"), it's a huge get for TPC.

Also, he goes by 'e' as that was his Gamertag on XBL and is short for his name. It was also the first Gamertag ever made, way back during the earliest of testing.

Edit: You know what? I wonder if he's going to be involved with the network technology in Pokémon Go. As they eventually add more and more advanced social/player-to-player functionality he would be extremely helpful to have around. Obviously as a VP role he'd being doing more than that too, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was part of the reason they snatched him up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users