• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,211 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 09:38 AM

Skyward Sword is now available in the Wii U eShop as a VC title.  If you don't have the original disc version on Wii (or can't play it anymore), you can get it digitally now.

Source:  http://gonintendo.co...ive-stream-blog

Edited by Ngamer01, 02 September 2016 - 06:29 AM.

#2 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

The Villain of Mario Kart

• Flaahgra
  • 2,163 posts
  • Nintendo ID:RobokW
  • 3DS Code:3523-2685-0069

Posted 01 September 2016 - 12:16 PM

Have fun slicing bamboo with your analog sticks

#3 CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

has no sense of humor

• Chozo Chancellor
  • 6,859 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 12:58 PM

Have fun slicing bamboo with your analog sticks

Impossible. Fi will interrupt you every other movement to tell you something fucking obvious or fucking stupid.

#4 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,211 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 01:06 PM

http://gonintendo.co...ion-has-slightl

Just be mindful that for some reason, load times have slightly increased on the digital version of SS over the original retail/disc version.  I don't know if Nintendo will bother patching since Wii U is dad.

I don't even know if they patched the potential game ending Song of the Hero glitch with the digital SS.

#5 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 02:15 PM

http://gonintendo.co...ion-has-slightl

Just be mindful that for some reason, load times have slightly increased on the digital version of SS over the original retail/disc version.  I don't know if Nintendo will bother patching since Wii U is dad.

I don't even know if they patched the potential game ending Song of the Hero glitch with the digital SS.

It definitely won't be patched. If it's having notably increased load times then it's probably because they did some sort of disc-centric optimization work on data loading/streaming for the original release that happened to negatively impact HDD playback (the same happened with Halo 3, which had a huge increase in load times when installed/downloaded). If that's the case (or really, in any case where this is happening with native playback of a straight ISO dump) there's really nothing for them to "patch" without significantly reworking the game, so it would be unreasonable for them to try to begin with.

As for the Hero glitch, unlikely. As far as I'm aware Nintendo hasn't touched the code for a single Wii retail release on the eShop, and they never released a patched disc either (as they've done with other games in the past), so it's almost certain to be the exact same ISO you'd get on any disc copy all the way back to launch. The save data fix app is still available however, so worst case you can just use that.

#6 gamerman99 GameBoy

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:19 PM

Is it 10 bucks this week only, or just 20? And does it still have the motion controls or what. Guess I'm wondering if you can play with the gamepad or what.

#7 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:33 PM

Is it 10 bucks this week only, or just 20? And does it still have the motion controls or what. Guess I'm wondering if you can play with the gamepad or what.

It's literally just an ISO rip, like all other Wii retail games on the eShop. In every single way it's the original Wii game, just packaged with a custom loader. So yes, it still has motion controls (it would need to be completely remade for that to ever change anyway), and no, you can't play with the GamePad (beyond purely using it as a screen).

And $20. The $10 promo thing was only for the very first batch of games.

#8 gamerman99 GameBoy

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 05:11 PM

Ok I thought that (of the pricing) but wasn't sure, thanks for clarifying. I haven't purchased a Wii game on Wii U yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users