Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Pokémon Sun & Moon Leaks - Because TPC/GameFREAK Didn't Learn from ORAS Demo

pokemon generation VII sun and moon demo leaks datamining spoilers! you have been warned

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,184 posts
  • Nintendo ID:Ngamer01
  • 3DS Code:4038 6174 8183

Posted 18 October 2016 - 05:12 AM

So yeah the demo is pretty much out almost everywhere but here in America (our demo should be going live within to up to 2 hours from now).

Hence dataminers have already dug out everything hidden in the demo.  GameFREAK did try to hide some stuff, but on other stuff, they failed to hide what they should be hiding until the full release.

Please use this thread to discuss the leaks (including any future leaks before the full release of Sun & Moon).

All demo data-mined info (posts may be edited through-out the next no. of days):

http://gonintendo.co...-datamined-info

http://serebii.net/

The leaked final evos of the Alolan starters are confirmed.  More new Pokemon (including unknown Ultra Beasts).  New Alolan forms for Diglett/Dugtrio, Persian, & Geodude/Graveler/Golem!  The Legendaries for this generation apparently either have pre-formes or pre-evolutions (if it's evolutions, it will be the first time Legendary Pokemon are shown to evolve like most Pokemon).

Ash-Pikachu confirmed (it's Ash's Pikachu wearing one of six hats Ash has worn in the anime series -- the original hat, the Hoenn hat, the Sinnoh hat, the Unova hat, the Kalos hat, and apparently the new Alolan hat).  Ash's Greninja is apparently given to the new player character in Alola via a letter from Ash himself.  No word if that letter also includes Ash-Pikachu.  The Poke Dex apparently shows under 100 new mons for this generation not counting alternate formes like Alolan formes.

There was also a new Pokemon shown on the Sun & Moon Pokemon Trading Card Game box:

http://gonintendo.co...g-card-game-box

Edited by Ngamer01, 18 October 2016 - 05:16 AM.

#2 G-tech

G-tech

Level 1

• War Wasp
  • 205 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 06:00 AM

I thought the anime and the games were two different continuities. When did that change?

#3 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:29 AM

It started changing thanks to Pokémon Yellow and the animé series becoming a break-out hit.  The mainline series ended up incorporating more traits from the animé series (item designs like Potion designs for example) including some shout-outs.  Blatant references to the animé were usually kept to spin-offs though (like in XD: Gale of Darkness, somebody says there was one other person that uses the same type Pokemon they did -- at the time in Gen III, the reference was to James from the Hoenn part of the animé series).

Ash-Greninja being in Sun & Moon though probably is thought as just a cameo character in the full version like in some past Gen VI distributions reference some the Pokémon being handed out as being from the "cartoon".

EDIT - If anyone is checking back, Ash-Greninja has Night Slash instead of Cut.  This is probably a nod to Greninja's inclusion in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS.

Edited by Ngamer01, 18 October 2016 - 01:29 PM.

#4 Sage AtownKED

AtownKED

Level 4

• Sage Sage
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:47 AM

Wow, I __almost__ can't believe GameFreak was dumb enough to leave SO MUCH info in the fucking demo. You don't even get to use or encounter MOST of those pokemon, why not just remove it from the code in the first place?

Anyway, I don't really care about pokemon spoilers, so I definitely watched all the videos. The main things I care about still haven't been released (Base Stats, moveset changes, etc.) but so far what I have seen has me Super Hype!!

EDIT - If anyone is checking back, Ash-Greninja has Night Slash instead of Cut.  This is probably a nod to Greninja's inclusion in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS.

Hm, I don't think that has anything to do with it, Greninja didn't have night slash in his Smash Bros moveset. He had Hydro Pump, Water Shuriken, Shadow Sneak, and Substitute. And his smash attacks were like Water Blades. I think it has more to do with Greninja being Water/Dark and them wanting to give him a Dark STAB move.

#5 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 07:45 AM

Well Night Slash is a part of Greninja's Final Smash in Smash 4.

Link:  http://www.ssbwiki.c...et_Ninja_Attack

The move starts with Mat Block and then transitions into palm strikes, Night Slashes, and kicks before Greninja initiates the final attack to send any caught foes flying.

#6 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,540 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:55 AM

Well Night Slash is a part of Greninja's Final Smash in Smash 4.

Link:  http://www.ssbwiki.c...et_Ninja_Attack

The move starts with Mat Block and then transitions into palm strikes, Night Slashes, and kicks before Greninja initiates the final attack to send any caught foes flying.

Actually that move is Maximum Spider.

Lol, srsly tho, I didn't know those were real moves Pokémon. I don't even think I knew Shadow Sneak.

#7 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 02:48 PM

Yeah.  Actual Pokemon moves were adapted to either be normal attacks (including grab attacks and aerial attacks), special moves, or Final Smashes for the playable Pokemon.  Even though the Pokemon mainline series strictly has Pokemon not knowing more than four moves, for the fighting games, the Pokemon had to have more moves added as normal attacks and Final Smashes in addition to the special moves.

Pokken took this concept and ran with it further.  Even though Charizard had four special moves, it could use other Pokemon moves as normal attacks like Seismic Toss (grab attack) and Bite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users