#11 torgo

torgo

Grand Poobah of Chozo Shriners

• Kraid
  • 3,414 posts
  • Nintendo ID:TorgoKong
  • 3DS Code:3866-8871-2120

Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:32 AM

As promised, footage of Team CS winning them all from Thursday night. Sadly, all from my viewpoint - I really wish they'd put in some replay/camera controls with this version of the game.

#12 G-tech

G-tech

Level 1

• War Wasp
  • 205 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 02:36 PM

Wow, we really washed out on that last wave. We might have won If torgo carried his own weight.

Edited by G-tech, 10 February 2018 - 02:40 PM.

#13 torgo

torgo

• Kraid
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:51 PM

Wow, we really washed out on that last wave. We might have won If torgo carried his own weight.

Please understand.

#14 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,548 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:19 PM

Chozo Crazy 8s Game Night

2-8-2018%20Icon.png February 8, 2018: "You're a squid now, you're a kid now." 2-8-2018%20Icon.png

This week marks the first time we've played Splatoon 2 for the CC8 game night. While we hoped to have 6 people show up, Sam was off doing real-life things again (such a bad habit), and honorary-but-not-yet-member gamerman99 was unable to join at the last minute. That left myself, Ngamer, Morgil, and Crazed to squid it up as much as we could.

2-8-2018%20Team%20CS.jpeg

We managed to get on the same team 3 times out of 14 rounds, and all in all a good time was had. The one benefit of just having 4 of us is that after an hour of Turf War, we were able to go do some Salmon Run together, too!

Thanks to the Switch mobile app, there was lots of data about our matches that I could collate into interesting charts. Wins, losses, splats, deaths, assists, it's all there! Prepare yourself, Crazed!

First off, we have a chart showing general stats info for each of us, such as total points inked, average points per match, splats, assists, deaths, and special firings.

2-8-2018%20Stats.png

Both Crazed and Morgil were a bit short of the total match count.

To better represent the splats vs. deaths and wins vs. losses, I've gone to exciting pie charts, one for each player!

2-8-2018%20Splat-Death.png

2-8-2018%20Win-Loss.png

Many people got a bunch of clothes ranked up, and both Ngamer and Crazed broke through to level 10 last night, allowing them to play Ranked Battle. Perhaps the next time we play we'll take some time to do League Battle, assuming they also get to B- in one of the Ranked modes before then. In lieu of doing League, we took a break at the end of help Mr. Grizz get some salmon eggs. We played a handful of matches, and only didn't get through all 3 levels once, so that made Mr. Grizz happy. With more practice, better weapons, and a less challenging stage, who knows what we can accomplish as a communicating team!

While we had plenty of text chat going on, nobody made a comic - too busy playing in the ink. Luckily Ngamer had the wherewithal to furnish us with this token one afterwards.

2-8-2018%20Comic.png

Be sure to check out Crazed's highlight video that he shared in the cc8 text chat last night (he should really post it here, too) from last week's MK 8 tournament. I might put together a montage of our 3 Team CS rounds, but everything else was pretty run-of-the-mill I'd say, from a video standpoint.

Plans are underway for next week, let's see who can come and what we'll play!

If you ask Bowser, he'll say he's neither squid nor kid, but he'll always say,
ThanksForPlaying.png

Cool charts, fam.
Didn't know how you could do it for other games. :P

#15 torgo

torgo

• Kraid
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 07:09 PM

Chozo Crazy 8s Game Night

2-15-2018%20Icon.png February 15, 2017: "Gotta go fast!" 2-15-2018%20Icon.png

200cc, the fastest speed you can go at. Hair-ripping velocity. G-forces on turns that are unbelievable.

All that stuff is what we would have experienced this week, had I no accidentally flipped to Mirror Mode instead of 200cc. Whoops!

2-15-2018%20Mii%20Lobby.jpeg

The two elusive Ys made it tonight (Yabo and Yori), and (not pictured above) Ngamer01, so we had 10 humanz for the first time in a long time!

2-15-2018%20MK8%20Tournament%20Rankings.

Let the warm peace of score charts wash over you, clearing your soul (and maybe your skin) while it also informs you in ways that mere numbers can never do.

2-15-2018%20Scores.png

As usual, Plant was making it his job to try and get someone to break his combo in the voice chat. A large amount of the text chat was taken up by pictures of pets (cats appear to have won), along with the usual off-color comments that happen every week. This week we also delved into the age-old question of: if you got a ghost pregnant, would the baby ghost be dead, half ghost, partly transparent, or what? There's already work being done to try and get government funding to investigate these important questions.

2-15-2018%20Comic.png

I can only imaging that VoiceOfCrazed feels uncomfortable 

And here's a big shoot-out to the Blue Shell, who worked in my favor every now and then tonight.

Next time we race, maybe we can actually do 200cc. Until then, official plans for next week are unknown at this point. Decisions will be made early in the week as participation is figured out (or not).

We didn't play Bowser's Castle this week, but Bowser still says,
ThanksForPlaying.png

#16 G-tech

G-tech

Level 1

• War Wasp
  • 205 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:44 PM

I'm glad the blue shell worked out for someone.

#17 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

The Villain of Mario Kart

• Flaahgra
  • 2,163 posts
  • Nintendo ID:RobokW
  • 3DS Code:3523-2685-0069

Posted 17 February 2018 - 11:09 PM

J9 beat me? Whaaaa

#18 torgo

torgo

• Kraid
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:53 AM

J9 beat me? Whaaaa

Whoops, I must have miss-typed when I made the scoreboard. Now that info matches the graph. Don't worry, your manliness is restored (to J9's chagrin).

#19 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

The Villain of Mario Kart

• Flaahgra
  • 2,163 posts
  • Nintendo ID:RobokW
  • 3DS Code:3523-2685-0069

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:53 AM

Whoops, I must have miss-typed when I made the scoreboard. Now that info matches the graph. Don't worry, your manliness is restored (to J9's chagrin).

It doesn't matter

IT TOTALLY MATTERS THANK YOU TORGO!

Edited by Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok, 19 February 2018 - 06:53 AM.

#20 G-tech

G-tech

Level 1

• War Wasp
  • 205 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 09:24 AM

I wanted to have this up before the tournament last night, but a few setbacks prevented that from happening. It's ready now, so why not sit back, relax, and enjoy some highlights from a tournament of old?

Well? I asked you "why not," so what's you're answer?

Oh, right this is not a real-time conversation. After ten years of posting on this forum I should know this by know.

Edited by G-tech, 23 February 2018 - 09:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users