Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,184 posts
  • Nintendo ID:Ngamer01
  • 3DS Code:4038 6174 8183

Posted 27 January 2018 - 01:47 PM

This rumor:  https://gonintendo.c...pecified-platfo

Basically a former NeoGAF member who correctly called Metroid: Samus Returns before Nintendo announced it says Nintendo has started development on a new 2D Metroid title.  It is unknown who is developing it and for what Nintendo platform this will come to, but could we see something this e3 (that is if Prime 4 isn't being focused on for this year)?

This rumor hit the internet during the time CS was down.

#2 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 10:12 AM

(I'd go with "ResetEra member" rather than "former NeoGAF")

Here's the original source from December, btw. The poster was dropping hints for Samus Returns nearly a year before release, and seems to be legit, so I think it's safe to believe this one. As they said though, it's very early in development. Wouldn't be surprised if they ported the Samus Returns engine to Switch and are going from there, but there's some speculation from other folks (not the source) that it could even be, God forbid, a 3DS title.

(lol at GoNintendo just skimming the rumors thread on Era and sniping the juicy ones)

#3 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

The Villain of Mario Kart

• Flaahgra
  • 2,163 posts
  • Nintendo ID:RobokW
  • 3DS Code:3523-2685-0069

Posted 28 January 2018 - 09:13 PM

(I'd go with "ResetEra member" rather than "former NeoGAF")

Here's the original source from December, btw. The poster was dropping hints for Samus Returns nearly a year before release, and seems to be legit, so I think it's safe to believe this one. As they said though, it's very early in development. Wouldn't be surprised if they ported the Samus Returns engine to Switch and are going from there, but there's some speculation from other folks (not the source) that it could even be, God forbid, a 3DS title.

(lol at GoNintendo just skimming the rumors thread on Era and sniping the juicy ones)

I really hope it's not 3DS but if it is... I'll still play it cause fml 

Samus Returns ran way better than I expected and was actually fun.

#4 SuperTeeter64

SuperTeeter64

That Sam Guy

• Grenchler
  • 781 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:46 AM

Honestly I don’t know why we’re talking about a rumor for a 2D Metroid when we have Prime 4 confirmed to talk about. XD Oh well. Rumors be rumoring.

#5 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,540 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:09 PM

^cuz it's a new project, and virtually nothing more is known about Prime 4 than the rumored project.

Also, Fuck Nintendo for the backhanded manner in which they revealed Prime 4. "Fuck off, hardcore gamers. Want something you'll actually care about? Here's a Prime 4 logo. Hopefully this is enough to shut you all up for 2 years. Now leave us alone."

This rumor is more exciting than Prime 4 right now, simply because it has the potential to be Metroid Dread. :3

Edited by PBluafnotr4d2, 29 January 2018 - 01:10 PM.

#6 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

The Villain of Mario Kart

• Flaahgra
  • 2,163 posts
  • Nintendo ID:RobokW
  • 3DS Code:3523-2685-0069

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:56 PM

Hey Nintendo I need to see the logo for the new game now that the cats out of the bag. Get the logo team assembled and start typing and add generic music from some other game that never made it out of R&D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users