• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,544 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:32 PM

Here's the thread for the undisputed best DBZ/Super fighting game ever: Dragon Ball FighterZ.

As y'all know, it's faithful as fuck to the source material in every conceivable manner. Gameplay is fun from the start, but it skyrockets once you actually learn the ropes... which is something I'm actually still doing.

That said, I have accomplished 4 victories in online matches so far! :D ...and like, 20+ losses. But so far it doesn't really make me rage that much, cuz I know I'm still a noob. Eventually, the matchmaking starts working so that it pairs me with other people with shitty W/L ratios... even if theirs is more like 50% while mine is 20%.... and when I win, especially in the ways I did in the 3 videos below, it's pretty exhilarating. :)

First match against this random dude--extremely close match.

Rematch against the same dude as above--also extremely close match.

He quickly eliminates the known thread from the previous match, but then bitches don't know bout SSJGSSJ Goku lucky final button inputs.

This next one's special. I totally had the balls to pull this one off. :D

#2 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

The Villain of Mario Kart

• Flaahgra
  • 2,163 posts
  • Nintendo ID:RobokW
  • 3DS Code:3523-2685-0069

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:35 AM

Here's the thread for the undisputed best DBZ/Super fighting game ever: Dragon Ball FighterZ.

As y'all know, it's faithful as fuck to the source material in every conceivable manner. Gameplay is fun from the start, but it skyrockets once you actually learn the ropes... which is something I'm actually still doing.

That said, I have accomplished 4 victories in online matches so far! :D ...and like, 20+ losses. But so far it doesn't really make me rage that much, cuz I know I'm still a noob. Eventually, the matchmaking starts working so that it pairs me with other people with shitty W/L ratios... even if theirs is more like 50% while mine is 20%.... and when I win, especially in the ways I did in the 3 videos below, it's pretty exhilarating. :)

First match against this random dude--extremely close match.

Rematch against the same dude as above--also extremely close match.

He quickly eliminates the known thread from the previous match, but then bitches don't know bout SSJGSSJ Goku lucky final button inputs.

This next one's special. I totally had the balls to pull this one off. :D

This looks hardcore as shit. Also pretty freaking wild how many combos you can pull off a block. Is it Street Fighter V level hard?

#3 SuperTeeter64

SuperTeeter64

That Sam Guy

• Grenchler
  • 781 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:56 AM

You should get the game Robok. Then 3 of us could play. The combos and specials are super easy to pull off. It’s for sure wild crazy fast but I think it’s a way easier fighter out there.

#4 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,544 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:47 PM

This looks hardcore as shit. Also pretty freaking wild how many combos you can pull off a block. Is it Street Fighter V level hard?

Never played SFV, and only played a tiny bit of IV, but as far as "difficulty" goes, I'd say that pulling off combos is easier, but you'll get raped just as hard by people who put more time into it and are overall better at fighting games.

While it's still a hardcore fighting game, there are a few simplified aspects that hard-ass-core fighters will scoff at and call it baby shit. Basically, most characters share a set of fundamental moves, so it's generally just as easy to use every character.

>There are "auto combos," which aren't really what it sounds like: you can spam just the Square button (or only the Triangle or only the Circle) and you'll pull off an MLG-looking combo. But these are actually shitty combos in the grand scheme of things, and true MLGfags will do the true complex combos that rape you before you can take a breath. You see me doing one of these shitty Square-spam combos repeatedly in the 3rd video (that's how you obtain Dragon Balls and summon the dragon Shenron).

>Everybody has equivalent base actions mapped to similar/equivalent button inputs. For instance, everyone flies at their opponent with R2, everybody has a vertical launching attack/combo setup with Down+Circle (except Adult Gohan, who must do diagonal down-forward-Circle), and everyone does their super moves with shoulder button+Hadouken/Tatsumaki inputs. There are more exceptions and mild deviations to these general rules to give each character their own favor, but it results in an approachable fighting game that still leaves plenty of room for hardcore tourneyfags.

Edited by PBluafnotr4d2, 13 February 2018 - 06:08 PM.

#5 SuperTeeter64

SuperTeeter64

That Sam Guy

• Grenchler
  • 781 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:57 PM

Plant summed it up best in his Plant way of speaking. XD I was trying to figure out how to explain it and I guess that about sums it up. lolz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users