Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch (Tentative Title) Announced

super smash bros. nintendo switch announcements discussion nintendo direct nintendo hal labs

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,203 posts
  • Nintendo ID:Ngamer01
  • 3DS Code:4038 6174 8183

Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:52 AM

smash.png

Announced at the March 8th, 2018 Nintendo Direct, Switch will be seeing a Super Smash Bros. game.  While we don't know if this game will be a sequel or a port of Sm4sh for Wii U/3DS, there are a few certain things.

1) Inklings from Splatoon look to be joining the fight in the Switch installment/port.

2) Link is rocking his Breath of the Wild look (Champion's Tunic).

3) Sakurai is involved. ( https://gonintendo.c...h-super-smash-b )

4) 2018 is currently targeted for this game's release which means we'll be seeing (more of) this at e3 2018.

Trailer:

The official website also updated:

http://smashbros.com/en_US/index.html

#2 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,545 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 10:14 AM

I really hope we don't have to wait until the holiday season to play this shit on Switch--assuming it's just Sm4sh Deluxe™. Also, I assume it would, but if it is Sm4sh Deluxe ("Smash for Switch"), it BETTER have all fucking DLC included. After all DLC charges and base cost, Sm4sh turned out to be about $160.

#3 Sage AtownKED

AtownKED

Level 4

• Sage Sage
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:01 AM

I think this is going to be a fresh game, like Smash 5. If it was just Smash 4 Deluxe / Definitive / ODST I think they would have just outright said it. Also Link using his BOTW design makes me think new game too.

Also I'm guessing it's going to launch in September along with the Nintendo Switch Online to get people to sign up right away, (if it doesn't get delayed. Announcing and releasing a smash game in the same year seems like a lofty goal to me). It would be a great promotion to get Smash Switch in the first week or whatever for a 3 month free trial of Nintendo Switch Online. Or they might make you pony up the $20 immediately on launch to get online. Either way I think will work for them.

I would expect more DLC characters, but I'd hope that it would be new characters only, and no FUCKING DLC clones. Like they definitely just need to get all the past characters in the base game. There's no excuse other than just a cash grab.

I'd absolutely LOVE for them to make a Switch Pro Controller: Gamecube Edition or something. How hard would it be to just make like a pro controller with the Gamecube layout? That would be fucking perfect. But they've already made the USB Gamecube adapter compatible with Switch so they might just remanufacture those and some more regular Gamecube controllers. That would be fine, but not ideal imo.

Whatever they decide, I'm already reeeally excited for this game. I've been playing Smash 4 pretty consistently since it launched almost 4 years ago sooo my body is TOTALLY ready.

DAS CH'YPE!!!!

#4 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,545 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:21 PM

BotW Link is very weak evidence for this being a brand new Smash. It could easily be a costume for Link without impacting the gameplay, making it more in line with a "Deluxe" treatment.

However, this video has some very convincing evidence in support of it being a brand new entry.

My reaction:

Who the hell is this new guy?
Oh great, another fucking blind Nintendrone to replace Jose Otero.
Wait, what..?
Oh shit, I think this might be a brand new Smash after all..!

#5 LINKXZERO

LINKXZERO

Level 3

• Kriken
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 05:40 PM

Can’t wait to wreck you guys in this new iteration of smash. :P Seriously though, I’m super hyped anytime a new smash is announced and whether it’ll be an updated port or new entry, this will be a day one purchase for me. Here’s hoping they improve the King of Darkness.

#6 torgo

torgo

Grand Poobah of Chozo Shriners

• Kraid
  • 3,414 posts
  • Nintendo ID:TorgoKong
  • 3DS Code:3866-8871-2120

Posted 14 April 2018 - 07:58 AM

Here’s hoping they improve the King of Darkness.

Mr. Game & Watch? What could you possibly improve on him?

#7 LINKXZERO

LINKXZERO

Level 3

• Kriken
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:58 PM

Mr. Game & Watch? What could you possibly improve on him?

Instant 9s every time

#8 CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

has no sense of humor

• Chozo Chancellor
  • 6,858 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 06:34 PM

BRING BACK ICE CLIMBERS

#9 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 06:39 PM

BRING BACK ICE CLIMBERS

Almost guaranteed. They were only cut because they couldn’t get 4-Player Ice Climbers working on the OG 3DS CPU without causing performance problems. Obviously that’s not a problem on Wii U.

#10 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

The Villain of Mario Kart

• Flaahgra
  • 2,163 posts
  • Nintendo ID:RobokW
  • 3DS Code:3523-2685-0069

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:35 AM

I think this is going to be a fresh game, like Smash 5. If it was just Smash 4 Deluxe / Definitive / ODST I think they would have just outright said it. Also Link using his BOTW design makes me think new game too.

Also I'm guessing it's going to launch in September along with the Nintendo Switch Online to get people to sign up right away, (if it doesn't get delayed. Announcing and releasing a smash game in the same year seems like a lofty goal to me). It would be a great promotion to get Smash Switch in the first week or whatever for a 3 month free trial of Nintendo Switch Online. Or they might make you pony up the $20 immediately on launch to get online. Either way I think will work for them.

I would expect more DLC characters, but I'd hope that it would be new characters only, and no FUCKING DLC clones. Like they definitely just need to get all the past characters in the base game. There's no excuse other than just a cash grab.

I'd absolutely LOVE for them to make a Switch Pro Controller: Gamecube Edition or something. How hard would it be to just make like a pro controller with the Gamecube layout? That would be fucking perfect. But they've already made the USB Gamecube adapter compatible with Switch so they might just remanufacture those and some more regular Gamecube controllers. That would be fine, but not ideal imo.

Whatever they decide, I'm already reeeally excited for this game. I've been playing Smash 4 pretty consistently since it launched almost 4 years ago sooo my body is TOTALLY ready.

DAS CH'YPE!!!!

Yes I hope they make more new Smash GCN controllers. The smash 4 ones are going for $130 on amazon. I'm convinced something is wrong with mine cause I accidentally dropped in hard when I was moving into my new house. My OG controller is fine but I want that long cable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users