Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch (Tentative Title) Announced

super smash bros. nintendo switch announcements discussion nintendo direct nintendo hal labs

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,481 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:13 AM

So they're gonna call this "5ma5h Bro5," right? Maybe with the subtitle "for 5witch"?

#12 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,180 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 03:34 PM

Yes I hope they make more new Smash GCN controllers. The smash 4 ones are going for $130 on amazon. I'm convinced something is wrong with mine cause I accidentally dropped in hard when I was moving into my new house. My OG controller is fine but I want that long cable.

Would be pretty damn surprising if they didn't do a new run this time around, given that they did for the last two Smash games, especially since they don't have to go through the trouble of designing a special adapter like they did on Wii U. They already quietly added support for the adaptor on Switch, so they'd just need to do a new manufacturing run.

#13 torgo

torgo

Grand Poobah of Chozo Shriners

• Kraid
  • 3,400 posts
  • Nintendo ID:TorgoKong
  • 3DS Code:3866-8871-2120

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:49 PM

Yes I hope they make more new Smash GCN controllers. The smash 4 ones are going for $130 on amazon. I'm convinced something is wrong with mine cause I accidentally dropped in hard when I was moving into my new house. My OG controller is fine but I want that long cable.

Buy some extender cables on Amazon for like $10. We have a ton, and they mostly work reliably.

#14 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

The Villain of Mario Kart

• Flaahgra
  • 2,149 posts
  • Nintendo ID:RobokW
  • 3DS Code:3523-2685-0069

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:54 PM

If this is a new smash, what characters are going to be new. I mean, not much new games and characters came out between the last smash and now.
Arms?
Xeno 2?
Splatoon?
Link uses runes now?
Mario uses Cappy?

I don’t think this is a new smash. Just not enough new stuff for me to think they need it.

Edited by Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok, 26 April 2018 - 02:55 PM.

#15 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,180 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:33 PM

If this is a new smash, what characters are going to be new. I mean, not much new games and characters came out between the last smash and now.
Arms?
Xeno 2?
Splatoon?
Link uses runes now?
Mario uses Cappy?

I don’t think this is a new smash. Just not enough new stuff for me to think they need it.

I mean, Smash 4 had 7 characters that were "new" as you define, two of which were DLC (Bayonetta and Corrin), another of which is only new in the sense of the very specific incarnation of the character (Palutena), with yet another being a really weird case of technically being spun out of a Smash Bros. Brawl palette swap as a new character, then brought back to Smash as baaaarely more than a palette swap (Dark Pit). That's only three without asterisks. So I don't particularly agree. Arms, Splatoon, and a likely Xeno X/Xeno 2 character already hit that three mark assuming you only take one from each (I think all three could justifiably add two), and then you have the inevitable new Pokémon from either Sun/Moon and/or the next gen, and some other miscellaneous options like a BotW Champion, yet ANOTHER FE character via Fates and/or FE Switch, and of course older characters that never made it in/more 3rd party guests.

I know Suda has been campaigning HARD for Travis Touchdown, and if Bayonetta can do it...

#16 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,481 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:31 AM

I'm so disappointed with "Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes" that I don't think I want Travis in there. Well, I DO want him in there, but not like he is in this new project. Sakurai is good about using the original form of the characters, so this might not be an issue, but... What would be his moveset? He's pretty fucking generic when it comes to his moves. Only shit like BLUEBERRY CHEESE BROWNIE make him stand out. What are your thoughts?

#17 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,180 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:26 AM

Suda actually said part of Strikes Again’s purpose is so give Travis more moves to pull from for Smash, lol. Actually, he also said it’s Switch exclusive to make him more of a “Nintendo character”, to help him get into Smash, haha. Like I said, dude wants it bad.

As far as being disappointed with Strikes Again goes, he wants to make a true NMH3 too. TSA is a lower budget spin-off with the goal of getting the wheels moving on the franchise again.

#18 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

• Flaahgra
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:49 AM

Well I dont think they'll have a problem just making shit up for a character to participate in smash. Like DK; DK doesn't even throw a barrel. That would be such a cool projectile for him. Palutena is another example I guess. 

#19 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

• Flaahgra
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:59 AM

The general (japanese) public get a hands on trial of the new smash soon:

http://www.siliconer...arting-june-17/

Edited by Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok, 16 May 2018 - 09:00 AM.

#20 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,481 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:45 PM

The general (japanese) public get a hands on trial of the new smash soon:

http://www.siliconer...arting-june-17/

Meh, big deal. It's gonna be a Smash bullshit at a Best Buy over here... or at least just like it was over here. I dunno if we'll get an event like that, but I went to the Sm4sh event, and... Yeah, something like 1-2 hours of waiting in line, and then only getting to play for 2 minutes... and friending Michadelli on 3DS. I don't know if I'd go to another one of those if they made one for 5ma5h Bro5. The reveal trailer and gameplay would have to be hype as shit. And hopefully a return to a more realistic textured are style a la Brawl.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users