• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#11 gamerman99 GameBoy

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:15 PM

Sharing this here for those who *potentially* want the Nintendo part of E3 spoiled. No clue if any of this is true. EDIT: however the fallout 76 and pokemon let's go were...

Edited by gamerman99, 30 May 2018 - 03:15 PM.

#12 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,211 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:14 PM

^ that leak has long been known to be BS. And Let's Go Eevee/Pika was leaked prior, and Fallout 76 wasn't him.

#13 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,527 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:32 PM

You don't want to see any Smash? I also thought there was a new Red Dead coming out in October, that should satisfy you.  The more I think about Labo the more I realize nintendo is so focused on gimmicks I don't even have hopes any more, they're gonna show us the new labo lineup, I bet.

<snip>

Want to see... The new Retro studios game-  I will barf on my lap in disgust if it's a star fox racing game.

I wanna see Smash, but that is a guaranteed given for the show. Also, I'm not getting my hopes up too much in case this is a fuckin' Sm4sh port. Lastly, I don't like the inclusions to this Smash. I don't care about the Splatoogelings (though admittedly they've earned their admission to Smash), and I sure as hell don't want any Breath of the Wild representation in this game... which is also confirmed. So, I wanna see what the Switch Smash project is gonna be like, but I know it's coming and I'm already turned off by some of the bits I've seen so far.

As for Red Dead Redemption 2, I know that's coming out this year and I'll probably get it at launch, but I mean I want this on Switch. As it is, I dunno how it's gonna run on base the PS4, and I'd likely opt for the PS4 over the Switch due to the better graphics, but I'd like to have that quality game on the go. Plus, it's likely to be a trophy-unfriendly game with many of them allocated to multiplayer bullshit. Rockstar brought L.A. Noire to the Switch, but I'd like a "real" Rockstar game on Nintendo's home console. No GTA4, no RDR, no GTA5... can we get RDR2??? I guess that's a No. At any rate, the main reason why I put it on the "hopeless" list is that Rockstar keeps their game reveals and trailers AWAY from E³, and instead do shit on random days, reserving a day of hype all to themselves.

But you're right @ Labo. I'll fucking abhor every second I see that shit on my screen, but it's pretty much guaranteed.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to add "Whaterthefuck Retro is working on" to the list. And I will rage if that retarded rumor is true.

Torgo's Take

Plausible Hopes

• Wii Music 2 X Labo: The original "band members" of the 2008 introduction to Wii Music will come back together for a smash encore presentation, showing off a fully-formed cardboard ensemble that's ready to rock your world. Cardboard drums? Check. Cardboard guitar? Check. Cardboard trumpet? Check. Cardboard Xylophone? Check. And now, also a cardboard Theramin, for otherworldly compositions. 8 Joy-Con will be required to play the game, so start saving now. Also, plan to spend at least 12 hours building your instruments before inviting friends over to jam (unless your friends are so cool that they want to help build it). The xylophone itself takes 4 hours because of all the bars, each of which needs a sticker placed in the right spot so the Joy-Con can see when it's struck.

Actually, this isn't a bad idea. I mean, it's a fucking TERRIBLE idea for a game, but I can't think of any better practical use for that bullshit. This will be the best time to give Wii Music another shot. But if they do this shit, I demand the return of Ravi Drums.

I'm never good at this kinda prediction stuff, so all I'll say is Nintendo will announce something cool and win E3. Oh, and I hope they do another fun gimmick with their direct, like when they did Robot Chicken or Muppets.

Fuck, dude, really? I guess you'll say Nintendo wins E³ no matter what happens, because for your taste, there is literally nothing else you'd care about, but... damn, I don't look forward to any of the gimmicky presentation bullshit. I just wanna see a barrage of gaming content back to back to back, filling every inch of the timeline. It's true that the extraneous shit will not take away from the planned/presented material, but it fucks with my expectations when I see the timeline winding down and Nintendo is dicking around with goofy-ass bullshit instead of delivering the goods that they've been starving us over the past 4 years.

I bet they reveal a racing spin-off of StarFox, developed by Retro.

Is this a joke based on the fucked up rumor, or do you actually believe that's legit?

#14 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,211 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:47 PM

Is this a joke based on the fucked up rumor, or do you actually believe that's legit?

It's legit.

#15 torgo

torgo

Grand Poobah of Chozo Shriners

• Kraid
  • 3,410 posts
  • Nintendo ID:TorgoKong
  • 3DS Code:3866-8871-2120

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:52 PM

Actually, this isn't a bad idea. I mean, it's a fucking TERRIBLE idea for a game, but I can't think of any better practical use for that bullshit. This will be the best time to give Wii Music another shot. But if they do this shit, I demand the return of Ravi Drums.

You take that back! I worked hard and that list, and I'll not have you saying that any of it is a good idea! Well, except the last part about things that won't happen, because I'd be interested in any of those.

#16 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

The Villain of Mario Kart

• Flaahgra
  • 2,159 posts
  • Nintendo ID:RobokW
  • 3DS Code:3523-2685-0069

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:56 PM

It's legit.

The worst part about this is that it very well can be true, which would kill my hopes for my Star Fox ace combat style game I'd love to have an off rails star fox space and terrain dogfight (pun) game. 

#17 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,527 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:01 PM

It's legit.

If you say so, then I believe it.

It's fucking nauseating that Retro allowed itself to have its talent squandered into making this sack of shit. I don't have to see it in order to know it's going to be terrible. Nintendo already has a fast-paced futuristic racer. It's called F-Fucking-Zero. Why the hell isn't Retro working on THAT instead?!

Why the hell did I buy a Switch again?

#18 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,211 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 08:26 PM

All of the reports point to the game having very little in common with F-Zero beyond the superficial similarities of being a racing game with sci-fi world theming. It's been widely reported to be far more like Diddy Kong Racing in terms of mechanics, modes, and general structure, albeit with the StarFox IP.

#19 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,527 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 08:44 PM

All of the reports point to the game having very little in common with F-Zero beyond the superficial similarities of being a racing game with sci-fi world theming. It's been widely reported to be far more like Diddy Kong Racing in terms of mechanics, modes, and general structure, albeit with the StarFox IP.

I was hoping it'd be more like Extreme-G. Racing with rockets and lasers and other weaponry. Then again, I'd prefer a new proper Extreme-G.

#20 HAL_9000

HAL_9000

joined two days ago

• Shriekbat
  • 94 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:28 AM

Jeez, a Star Fox racing game just seems silly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users