• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#51 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 05:18 PM

Or that year when that one chick assured us that "Nintendo is totally gonna release Mother 3 this year".

I referenced Dread because it was an actual verifiably real thing from a real leak that was dropped out of the E3 showing days before.

Or that other Metroid/Starfox crossover rumor from years past. This racing shit wasn't Starfox Metroid, but it was Starfox Retro.

30ad1af3ca49c9460696d1d7bbac9429.jpg178050-w2sDJm2u3meAGc5f.png

That Samus artwork was from NLG's Metroid pitch, which was very much a real pitch, but not one that was ever picked up by Nintendo. They went on to develop Luigi's Mansion 2 instead.

I don't think the Metroid/StarFox rumor had any serious backing, like Retro's Star Fox did and has.
_______

It's not like Retro's StarFox is even slightly less likely to be true than it was pre-E3, based on it being a no show, as it was never actually slated for E3 in the reports. It's just what Retro was reported to be working on, and since we still haven't seen a reveal, the word is still out (but I'm still as convinced it's true as I was before). People, myself included, only believed that Retro's game would be there, since it's been an obscene amount of time since they wrapped Tropical Freeze, so surely their next game had to be there. welp

#52 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,548 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 08:03 PM

I referenced Dread because it was an actual verifiably real thing from a real leak that was dropped out of the E3 showing days before. That Samus artwork was from NLG's Metroid pitch, which was very much a real pitch, but not one that was ever picked up by Nintendo. They went on to develop Luigi's Mansion 2 instead.I don't think the Metroid/StarFox rumor had any serious backing, like Retro's Star Fox did and has._______It's not like Retro's StarFox is even slightly less likely to be true than it was pre-E3, based on it being a no show, as it was never actually slated for E3 in the reports. It's just what Retro was reported to be working on, and since we still haven't seen a reveal, the word is still out (but I'm still as convinced it's true as I was before). People, myself included, only believed that Retro's game would be there, since it's been an obscene amount of time since they wrapped Tropical Freeze, so surely their next game had to be there. welp

Yeah, it could be still true. The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence and all that shit. Also, before E3, IGN had it listed on their list of possible games to be at E3, and identified it as probably being true, but also likely to be a no-show. Then again, they also had Catherine on their list of CONFIRMED games to be at E3, and I never found the stockpile of SEGA/Atlus shit. Today I looked it up, and I... Just found this pathetic Catherine trailer. -_-;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users