Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

[Update: similar Amazon leaks too] 10 (nameless) $60 Switch SKUs pop up at GameStop

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 06:24 PM

Looks like we may be getting quite a few major, full-price Switch titles announced at E3, as a whopping 10 unique $60 SKUs have popped up in GameStop's system. These wouldn't be previously announced games, as well, those are already in the system, haha. So we may be getting a pretty big E3 showing from Nintendo.

Also, another 3 Xbox/PS4 SKUs appeared as well, though all three have different prices and are likely alternate SKUs of the same game. People are thinking it's just the new Assassin's Creed, which already leaked.

#2 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 08:29 AM

We might know what one of the games is.

This gives more credence to the Destructoid leak.  They also outed themselves as the spoiler provider that broke Nintendo's NDA...

#3 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,548 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 10:49 AM

$60 for the Free-to-play garbagefest that is Fortnite?

#4 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:03 PM

$60 for the Free-to-play garbagefest that is Fortnite?

It does have a $60 edition on other platforms with a PvE mode and around a dozen various bonuses, so it could be.

#5 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,548 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 08:09 AM

Hmm, I had no idea. That's probably a good bet then. If there really are 10 games, I'd imagine that many of them would be shit nobody wants, like Pikmin Fighters, or Kirby Puzzle Dream, or... Star Fox Retro Racers.

Well, how legit do you think THIS rumor is anyway?

#6 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 10:38 AM

Hmm, I had no idea. That's probably a good bet then. If there really are 10 games, I'd imagine that many of them would be shit nobody wants, like Pikmin Fighters, or Kirby Puzzle Dream, or... Star Fox Retro Racers.
Well, how legit do you think THIS rumor is anyway?

There’s photos of the listings in the system, and any GameStop employee could easily prove it false if they were fake photos, so I’d say the listings are 100% legit. Whether it absolutely means we’ll get 10+ $60 games announced at E3 for sure, I couldn’t say definitively. Some of these may be announced later, some of the prices may be placeholders, some may be pulled last second, etc..

It worth noting thought that this isn’t even the first time this year a group of Nintendo games have been “leaked” through price listings. Let’s Go Eevee/Pikachu for example first popped up through similar unnamed listings.

#7 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:15 PM

Listings have now popped up on Amazon, and they seem to line up. We've got listings for 10 Nintendo-published Switch games (again, no names or details), which matches the GameStop listings, but then there's also an additional 6 3DS listings.

There's also another 5 from Sony, 2 from Activision on each of the X1 and PS4, 5 each from Ubi, 7 each from Square, 4 each from Warner, 1 each from Capcom, and Bethesda with 4 on X1 and 3 on PS4 (which lines up with leaked details of an Xbox One-exclusive Bethesda game being announced).

#8 gamerman99 GameBoy

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:21 PM

@ that last part in parentheses where did you hear that? Any further details at this time?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users