• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,215 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:19 PM

Are you sure about Hulk? By "new" I mean anything from 2000 onward, and not the old ones with that skinny dude wearing green paint on his body and green bullshit in his hair.

Yup. If you're talking about Hulk (2003), that was never part of the MCU. It pre-dated the first MCU film (Iron Man) by five years and was released two years before Marvel even considered self-producing films at all (which led to the conception of the MCU shortly thereafter). The earliest incarnations of the film actually began development years before Marvel Studios's predecessor (Marvel Films, a glorified licensing division) even existed.

The Incredible Hulk (2008) was the second film of the MCU, released shortly after Iron Man (with Tony Stark appearing in the post-credit teaser), and remains canon to the MCU.

#22 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:06 PM

I thought "New Hulk 2" was panned by fans and critics, and "New Hulk 1" and all other Hulks thereafter were considered canon while that universally hated one was ignored like a bad dream. :P

#23 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,215 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:12 PM

Well, both were panned by fans, that's for sure, lol.

They actually both reviewed... alright, somehow. Though super hero films at that time were given a loooot of leeway by reviewers at the time, since they were generally so bad, haha.

#24 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 04:24 PM

I see now. ^__^;

But yeah! Back on topic with Smash!

Tangentially! :P

https://www.amazon.c...h/dp/B07DJX3Y47

GCN controller is available for pre-order at the sweet price of $30... Or at least it seems like a sweet price when you're used to paying $70-80 for a PS4 controller, lol. How much were they before? Something like $45, right?

The launch date is just a placeholder for now, but I don't know even we should expect the new controllers to actually ship. I think I wanna get at least 2 new ones.
>EDIT: Fucking gay! I just tried ordering 2 and hit a wall saying there's a "1 per customer" limit on these controllers. >:(

Btw, if anyone wants another GCN adapter, here it go.

https://www.amazon.c...h/dp/B07DJX3ZR8

Edited by PBluafnotr4d2, 18 June 2018 - 04:51 PM.

#25 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,215 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:38 PM

GCN controllers were $35 at the GCN's launch, before getting cut to $25. Pretty sure all of the reissues over the years were $30, but I feel like at some point they were $20? I seem to remember paying that much for my platinum controller I got when Brawl released, but I could be wrong. Maybe the cut it again late in the GCN's life, and the quiet reissue during the early Wii era kept the price.

Wavebird was $35, btw. They should bring that back, with rumble haha. I actually still have two that I use for Smash. Well, three, but one had either a trigger or a stick die.

#26 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:26 PM

Alrighty, so I ordered 2. I was breaking my head open trying to find the safest way to do this, given the horror story found here...

https://www.cheapass...urchase-limits/

...but in the end I thought about looking for it at Best Buy, and they had it too!

I don't know if they have a limitation on orders, but I pre-ordered one from Best Buy, and one from Amazon. I actually had to cancel my Amazon one, because it seems you can't edit shipping addresses on pending orders. Whatever. I was wondering if it would give me shit about "ordering 2" after cancelling the first one, but there were no issues. I had selected a different shipping address (parents' house) so my gf could order one to ship to our new house from her account, but that's no longer necessary. Glad I figured out a solution, simple as it was. :P

Here's a link to the Best Buy pre-orders for the GCN controller and the adapter.

https://www.bestbuy....cube controller

Edited by PBluafnotr4d2, 18 June 2018 - 10:49 PM.

#27 torgo

torgo

Grand Poobah of Chozo Shriners

• Kraid
  • 3,413 posts
  • Nintendo ID:TorgoKong
  • 3DS Code:3866-8871-2120

Posted 19 June 2018 - 06:38 AM

Are you sure about Hulk? By "new" I mean anything from 2000 onward, and not the old ones with that skinny dude wearing green paint on his body and green bullshit in his hair.

Hey, leave Lou Farrigno out of this!

"Skinny dude" ... you and your CG movies have a warped view on reality, buddy. Don't make him angry; you wouldn't like him when he's angry (I know, that's Bill Bixby's line, but just go with it).

#28 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:18 AM

Hey, leave Lou Farrigno out of this!

"Skinny dude" ... you and your CG movies have a warped view on reality, buddy. Don't make him angry; you wouldn't like him when he's angry (I know, that's Bill Bixby's line, but just go with it).

But why couldn't they just cast and green-paint this guy instead? :<

1294146410148.jpg

#29 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:08 AM

Yesterday an exciting thought crossed my mind.

How will Switch interconnectivity work with 5ma5h? Switches seem to cooperate in the most interesting and seamless manners.

Mario Party is shit, but that swiping-to-connect-2-Switches-into-one-map tech was truly impressive. I don't think there's any room/use for that specific mechanic in a Smash game (aside from extending the monitors, which would suck for Smash anyway), but it still demonstrates how easily Switches can connect with one another.

What ways so you guys think connectivity will be innovated and streamlined for 5ma5h? I hope that we'll be able to easily and super quickly connect to anyone's game within eyeshot. I also wish there'd be a way to play with GCN controllers without the Switch bring docked, but I'm probably fucked on that one.

#30 LINKXZERO

LINKXZERO

Level 3

• Kriken
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:30 PM

Yesterday an exciting thought crossed my mind.

How will Switch interconnectivity work with 5ma5h? Switches seem to cooperate in the most interesting and seamless manners.

Mario Party is shit, but that swiping-to-connect-2-Switches-into-one-map tech was truly impressive. I don't think there's any room/use for that specific mechanic in a Smash game (aside from extending the monitors, which would suck for Smash anyway), but it still demonstrates how easily Switches can connect with one another.

What ways so you guys think connectivity will be innovated and streamlined for 5ma5h? I hope that we'll be able to easily and super quickly connect to anyone's game within eyeshot. I also wish there'd be a way to play with GCN controllers without the Switch bring docked, but I'm probably fucked on that one.

If Smash Run comes back, I can see them incorporating the connectivity with it and actually be able to see and interact with others on the map. Other than that, maybe make it so it will focus on you the whole match. It would be useful for the crap gigantic stages where you can’t see shit lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users