Jump to content

Admin spameroo

Member Since 09 Jun 2006
Offline Last Active May 28 2014 08:24 PM

#16500236 Chozo Sanctuary now My Little Sancuary

Posted by Admin spameroo on 01 April 2014 - 05:24 PM

Pinkie said it all, but I just wanted to put down my research for a second and say how proud I am we're finally trotting this out!  Can't wait for the site to become the mane site for hardcore MLP fans to have serious discussions in a stable community.



#16499591 The Impact Crater

Posted by Admin spameroo on 06 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

But it's kinda like the prodigal son. We mustn't harden our hearts, but celebrate his return!

Time to fatten up that motherfucking calf!


And um, if there's only one system where you can register friends to your Nintendo ID friends list, it should be fairly obvious which system I meant >_>



Oh, and Conker, I always have Steam running in the background and I don't turn off my PC when I'm not using it, so every time I see a window that seems to be a Steam IM from you, all I can see is a bunch of lines of "Conker has come online"  "Conker has gone offline".  To be honest I had been assuming you had just accidentally clicked on me or something :3  SORRY BRAH



PS: I'm going to set CS as a homepage tab so I don't forget to come here as much... I've just had Chrome set to the default Google page since the last time I got a new laptop (in like 2010).  Now it's a new year, and I just got a new laptop, so yeah.

#16493181 The Impact Crater

Posted by Admin spameroo on 08 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

Hai guys, what's up?


My name is Kevin and I have Changnesia.

#16473923 The Impact Crater

Posted by Admin spameroo on 24 September 2010 - 01:24 AM

Apparently I missed some drama but a neat feature of IPB3 is that it can summarize conversations in picture form:

Posted Image


Posted by Admin spameroo on 03 September 2010 - 12:07 PM

I've always looked at it as the price of one game to extend the functionality of all my other games. Now is no different really, they've just caught up to this gen's price for games.

PS: you may say "lol psn ftw its free stupid m$ fanboi"... but xbl has never randomly deleted 5 years worth of my achievements...

#16472046 The Impact Crater

Posted by Admin spameroo on 27 July 2010 - 11:05 PM

Oh oh I know this one! Trust me, I'm a scientist. I actually recently joined a lab in the Genetics department for my PhD :P

Here's the deal: the reason incest is dangerous is based on recessive genes. Every cell in the human body has 2 copies of each chromosome, one copy from da momma and one copy from da papa. (Males are males because they received a copy of their dad's Y chromosome instead of his X.) Everybody's got a bunch of mutations scattered throughout their genome that could potentially cause very serious problems with development, cognition, cancer, etc. However, in the vast majority of cases, the other copy of that chromosome has the normal version of the gene, which in most cases is more than sufficient to pick up the slack. Because the human genome contains around 3 billion base pairs, and each of these bad mutations is usually a single base pair (referred to as "single nucleotide polymorphisms," or SNPs), the odds are very low that two unrelated parents will BOTH contain the SAME mutation on one of their chromosomes - and thus have a 1/4 chance of having a baby with two copies of the mutation, and thus, the disease.

HOWEVER, if the two parents are related... the chance of that happening becomes HUGE. For instance... a parent and child share 50% of their DNA. If a dad passed on a recessive disease-causing SNP to his daughter, then automatically their child will have a 25% chance of being double-recessive and thus having the disease. Now, imagine that the dad had potentially bad mutations in TWO genes, and they got passed on to the daughter. Now, even though there's still a 25% chance of their child having two copies of the first mutation, there's now a 50% chance that the child will have two mutations in ONE of the genes, and a 25% chance he/she will have BOTH (and thus TWO genetic diseases.) Now from here, consider that, in reality, any given person has more like 100-1000 of these SNPs (I'm not exactly sure of the numbers, it might be lower or higher, but it's definitely more than two, which you can see is already very bad.)

The amount of genetic similarity decreases with relational distance (for example, you share 25% of your genes with an uncle/aunt, 12.5% with a first cousin, etc.) Siblings are, on average, 50% similar like parent/child, but in actuality they can range anywhere from 100% to 0% (it makes sense if you think about it, when you remember that you randomly get one copy from each chromosome pair from each parent; beyond that, homologous recombination makes the range even smoother, and is the reason you never see two non-identical-twin siblings who share 100% of their DNA.) On average, though, sibling incest is as dangerous as parent/child, and potentially can be even moreso.

Back to the original question, however... I've heard the argument that incest was not deleterious in early Biblical times before. It's valid, I guess, if you are working on the assumption that there were two original humans with "perfect" genomes (meaning they did not carry ANY potentially harmful SNPs.) Starting from that, and assuming a slow average rate of mutation that began after the Fall, then yeah it would make sense that early generations would have been freely able to inbreed without harmful consequences. That assumption is totally incompatible with actual scientific evidence, however... I'm not about to get into why, as it would require explaining pretty much the entirety of biology. Let it suffice to say that it is definitely NOT "a fact that the genome is weakening." Totally, completely, 100% NOT A FACT. It's a hypothesis that is not based on ANY sort of evidence, but on the assumption that man was created perfect, and is today not perfect, and therefore must be degrading.

TL;DR: your friend doesn't know what the fuck he/she is talking about, and probably learned their "science" from a pastor.

PS: Of course "the Bible supports this." The entire idea was created with the intent of justifying the Bible. Your friend essentially believes that circular logic is a valid substitute for experimental evidence.

#1635374 Wii wifi USB

Posted by Admin spameroo on 10 November 2007 - 05:33 PM

I don't think anyone ever read this thread back when bombos posted it, but please people, read the first post. I always knew he was an idiot, but I had no idea just how amazingly stupid this fucker was. I mean literally, I think he might be the stupidest person I've ever had contact with.